At Database Exploration Lab (DBXLAB), we seek to investigate fundamental research issues arising in the exploration and mining of structured repositories (e.g., databases) and unstructured data (e.g., social content sites). Our research encompasses diverse areas such as data mining, information retrieval, data uncertainty and probabilistic methods, approximate query processing, data summarization, data analytics and data exploration of hidden web databases, social and collaborative media.
This lab is headed by Dr. Gautam Das.
- Mahashweta Das has been awarded the John S. Schuchman Outstanding PhD Student Award at 2013 Engineering Awards Banquet. (April 2013)
- Our PVLDB’2012 paper ‘Who Tags What? An Analysis Framework’ by Mahashweta Das et al. has been invited to VLDB Special Issue: Best of 2012. (November 2012)
- Mahashweta Das has been selected as a finalist of
Google 2012 Anita Borg Memorial Scholarshp:
- Dr. Gautam Das has received the IEEE ICDE 2012 Influential Paper Award for his work that laid the foundation for keyword search in databases. (March 2012) [Link]
- Saravanan Thirumuruganathan has been awarded 2011 Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant Award at 2012 Engineering Awards Banquet. (February 2012)
- Senjuti Basu Roy has joined
Copyright (C) 2006 Database Exploration Laboratory, All rights reserved.